Friday, January 16, 2009

The Second Week...

Finally it's Friday~~ I like Fridays. It's the most relaxing day of the week. I can start my night by doing things I like first instead of busy thinking about completing the homework. Ahh~ It's so relaxing. I'm now listening to Chinese New Year songs to create the atmosphere in my room. This week is definitely tougher than last week. I'm starting to feel the pressure and hardwork. Math lecturer gave us lots of tough question and even the English lecturer gave us some homework. Well, maybe not really homework becuase most of the work he gave were more of for our own reference. I appreciate that. I'll do it later during the weekends. Though generally I'm quite happy and satisfied about this week, but there were a few problems I encountered during the lessons.

First of all, like what my English lecturer always told my class, we are all very quite. As quite as the grave. Well, it's not like we want the class to be gloomy and silent, we want a lively and noisy class too! It's just that most of us are shy and dare not stand up to speak out. I agree with my English lecturer that it is our country's education system that shaped all of us into quite and 'obedient' students. Let me elaborate: teachers in the primary school are genarally fierce. Some of them are not understanding like Captain Hardcastle! Well, maybe a little bit more linient. Besides, they like to beat students who do their homework wrongly or answer the question wrongly. When the teachers call upon the students, they will be punished if they can't answer what the teachers ask. Under this circumstances, who would stand up and speak out? Who would volunteer to make the class lively? No one would. But luckily, there are some students in my class that can make the class a little bit lively once in a while.

So, today, I did the characteristics of the characters in Boy. Well, it was quite interesting especially the role playing part. I think my English lecturer was quite disappointed but hey, that performance was from a bunch of quite students who did not practice for it! It was good already as it was funny. Calvin was good, I think. I'm looking forward to see him acting in the role playing section we are going to do during the next semester. But I have a problem. My voice's small, I can't project my voice well in the class. I wonder how I will perform in the next semester. I wonder how our English lecturer will devide the groups. I hope I can be together with my friends so that I have more confidence and will not be shy... After today's lesson, I feel that the way our English lecturer conducted the class was quite interesting. He said it was not an exciting activity but it was, to me. It's not boring. I hope he can do something outdoor. It will be full of fun especially when doing something like literature. By the way, I wonder whether all English teacher like analysing literature?

Just now, my mother called. She told me not to drive home next Saturday after class at 5.30 p.m. as it is quite dangerous. Night is falling and it may rain, she said. I was so disappointed. My friend who is going back with me planned to stay with me for a night and on the next day, we will go around the city and have fun. But now I can only drive back on Friday early in the morning so that when I reach my hometown I can still show my friend around. At first I was a bit angry with my mother because my father actually allowed me to drive home late in the evening. But after some thinking and a sms from my mother, I changed my mind. I do believe that mothers always have the instinct of what will happen to their children. So, since she said it's dangerous, I'll follow her advice. I'm afraid that if I ignore my mother's advice, God may loath me. I also believe that I should not object my mother's advice especially when it is a good one. Thankyou, mama.

Wow, it's already 12.07 a.m.. We class 5 always can write our blog only on Friday night since we have our last English class of the week on Friday. I don't mind but if the connection is bad, I'm going to die! So I hope that if my English lecturer sees this, I want to tell him that, it is not that we are lazy to do the blog or anything, sometimes, the internet connection is to be blamed.

Figurative language: The cold wind is like thousands of tiny swords piercing through my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment