Friday, January 9, 2009

A War with the Internet

First of all, what I want to say is that, I do not hate blogging. What I hate is the internet service we have here! It's so slow! I've waited and retried for more than an hour. I even have to ask my friend who went back to her own house, with streamyx to help me to sign in and post it for me! God! Anyway, I do not hate blogging. Really.

Now, I usually read and study in my own room. But when I am in my own house, which is in Ipoh, I always find the most comfortable spot in the house to study. For reading, I like to read on the bed and I always do that after I have finished everything I need to do. It is so comfortable. Usually, I can study only for half an hour without a break. Studying is very tiring. Actually, I do not like studying. It is weird to hear this from a JPA scholar right? But it is the truth. While studying, I hate TV. It will distract most of my attention. Finally, after studying, I like to lie on the bed and read comics. It is the best reward I will give myself.

This week was quite relaxing. I did not have much homework and I find my new lecturers nice. I think I always feel good about myself in any subjects whenever I did well during the lecture. For this whole week, I quite like Physics class. It is very weird! I never really enjoyed science classes before. This week, I sat with my friend who speaks better English than me. Well, I felt a little bit embarrassed with myself because I lack English vocabulary. I will try to pick up. Lately, I have been concentrating on people's speech when they are speaking. I really want to improve my English especially in speaking.

Just now, after I finished my dinner, I had a talk with my friend. She did not even know that I have a Chinese father and a Malay mother. She was also surprised when she knew that I came from a Chinese school. I showed her the pictures of my family and I explained a lot of things about my family. I do not know why but people always seem to find my family background special. Talking about my family, I now miss them. Last holiday, my family and I went to Singapore to visit my sister. She is doing very well. She took us around the shopping district and we even went to Sentosa Island. I think she spent a lot on us. When I asked my father why did she spend so much on us regarding the fact that she is still under probation in her job. My father simply answered that it was because she loved us, her siblings and parents. I was quite touched. I love my sister.

Well, I would really like to stop for now and post this thing on before the internet has problem again. Next time I will certainly not try blogging on Friday night anymore. I'll do it earlier, just in case the internet goes berserk. I am really grateful for my friend who posted this up for me. Oh, luckily she went home if not I will be dead meat when I have the next English class.

2 comments:

  1. Your family background sure will caught others' attention whenever you mention about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it? Why? I thought it is very common. Hahahah.... Anyway, I'm used to it already. Thanx for reading.

    ReplyDelete