Monday, February 16, 2009

Busy busy week...

I so hate last week! It was terrible, so busy, so lack of sleep, so lots of work. I should have known it would be that busy. Anyway, I’m getting ready to face with busier and tougher weeks in the future. The issue last week was, how to get at least eight hours of sleep during a busy week? I still have not figured that out. Maybe do my work faster and cancel all the day dreaming sessions? SLEEP! I NEEDED MORE SLEEP!

On Tuesday morning, we had an English replacement class at nine thirty. I actually forgot totally about the replacement class. As usual, I set my alarm clock at 9.15a.m. At exactly 9.15 in the morning, my friend came knocking profusely on my door. My roommate opened the door for her and she came bursting in. She shook me off my skin and shocked me with the news. I quickly jumped off my bed and actually went to school without bathing. I had no time left!! At class, we did the presentation of our collage. I was pointed out by the lecturer that my voice was too…too… not strict? He told me to learn to scold people! Umm…I have not really scolded anybody before. Even when I raised my voice, nobody will get scared or shocked. They would instead tease me. Anyway, I’ll try to keep my voice calm and stern during other presentations. After presenting, Calvin asked a question that caused me to be pointed out by the lecturer again. When I was going back to my sit, he appologised for troubling me. Calvin, you did not need to applogise instead I wanted to thank you! Because of your question, I learned something from it.

Before we finished our lesson, the lecturer told us to make a trailer for our documentary. I bid farewell to my goodnight sleep. On Wednesday night, all my group members gathered to discuss about the documentary. It was quite fun making the trailer. Everyone threw in ideas and we added all the effects and music. It was so nice. After we had completed it, we watched it over and over again. Later on Thursday, our English lecturer shocked every one of us with the news that we would be having a literature essay test on Friday. Again, I had to bid farewell to my goodnight sleep. That night, my friends and I gathered around discussing about the test. We looked through every note that the other classes got and copied every useful thing down. I thought I prepared well but I was not. I was quite blur on Friday morning. I actually day dreamed for a while before starting the essay. In the end, I did not have enough time to complete the essay. I did not do well. That was the fact. I wasted my goodnight sleep for nothing.

Here comes the interesting part of the week. On Saturday morning, I drove my documentary group members to Kelana Jaya LRT Station. From there, we went to KL Sentral to take the monorail to Bukit Bintang. When we reached Sungei Wang, we walked to Low Yat Plaza to look for a mic so that when we were interviewing people, we can record the voice clearly. After buying the mic, we went to Bintang Walk to shoot for the intro. Unfortunately, it was not good and we had to reshoot it in Time Square by the end of our shooting session. From Bintang Walk, we went back to Sungei Wang and looked for foreigners. There was one called Mr. Paul Worell. His ideas were very good but unfortunately, we did not connect the mic well and failed to record his speech. We were all so disappointed and for one moment, everyone in the group lost their spirit to continue shooting. After comforting each other, we continued our search for young people with unique fashion and also some older people to ask their opinion about the young people’s fashion nowadays. All went well and we finished shooting at around 6 p.m.

Last week was indeed a very busy week. I had deep dark circles formed under my eyes due to lack of sleep. But on Saturday night, I slept for roughly more than 10 hours to recover my tired mind. Now fresh to start anew, I hope I’ll have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment