Friday, February 20, 2009

Satisfied Week

This week I'm quite satisfied with the studies and my amount of free time. No replacement class, but there was one extra class to watch the documentary. Well, it's Friday, I won't mind having another two hour session to watch a movie or documentary. But not always! Only once a while. As usual, I went to college at one and came back at five thirty. Nothing typical, nothing special. The workload was quite reasonable. I managed to finish it by 12am. After that, I could read my 'Inkheart' until about one! Life is wonderful...

Studying sucks. That was what Mr. Derrick said. Well, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. It depends a lot on the lecturer and the subject itself. If the lecturer is good at teaching and look after each and every student like some of my lecturers do. Ok, go ahead, make a guess, they are female lecturers. I like them so much. If the lecturer is boring and long winded, I always go 'fishing' in the class. In the end, I don't understand anything. When I tried to revise on my own, I get frustrated because I can't understand a thing! Then studying sucks. Anyway, generally, I still won't consider studying a bad thing. I hope I'll not in the future too!

This week in class, we learnt about register. Well, if you ask me what register is I can tell you that it is the factors that affect the way people talk. But if you ask me to write an essay about it, all I can do is blinking back at you. I think the lesson about register this week was quite funny especially when we were listening to the audio clip. The colloquial of the narrator was a bit funny. Then, we skip through the unimportant things in the text book, and blah blah blah we went until we actually finished the whole unit just in two days. We were encouraged to talk in class. Still, I dared not to speak up. Every time a question was thrown at us, I would go blank and look blank...

I wonder why Mr Derrick won't laugh together with the class like other lecturers do. Whenever we laughed or giggled, he never show much facial expression. Although I am quite in the class, but I'm not that expressionless. I laughed together with the others and enjoyed the atmosphere. I think I've developed the habit of looking at Mr. Derrick's face whenever the class mentioned something funny or did something funny. As usual, the most he did was smile. Other lecturers do laughed with us. Some made us laugh or even laughed back at us. The class was lively. Maybe that's the way to make a quite class lively?

That's the end of this blog. I have to continue with he progress of the documentary. So long...

No comments:

Post a Comment